Covid-19: I Can Still Help
BUSINESS WITH A TWIST
As we move into the second phase of the COVID-19 pandemic response, the information provided by The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (my governing body) indicates that though business can not yet return to normal, there is the recognition that an increasing number of people are keen to be seen face-to-face.
If you happen to be one of those people here is my most recent update for you in keeping with the guidelines stated:
- All patients MUST have their initial appointment via a video consultation. It is during this session that I will assess your current problem and decide if a face-to-face appointment is necessary. The benefits of seeing you in person need to greatly outweigh the risks associated with infection transmission and we must BOTH be in agreement of this.
- If a face to face appointment is agreed I am available to see you in Putney, Clapham Common or at your own home. But…
- You, no other member of your household and no one you have been in contact with should be self-isolating i.e. no symptoms or exposure to symptoms in the last 2 weeks.
- You must inform me prior to your appointment if anything changes regarding the above.
- You must inform me if you develop symptoms within 2 weeks after your appointment so I can notify all those necessary and ensure the right strategies are taken to reduce infection transmission.
A FACE TO FACE APPOINTMENT WILL INVOLVE A FEW DIFFERENCES:
- During the booking of the appointment I will discuss all the associated risks with you. Though you may be aware of these I am required to run through these with you and document them.
- I will need you to confirm the appointment with me on the day via email, phone call or text. This is confirming that nothing has changed regarding all the above and you are happy to continue with the appointment.
- I will need you to wear a mask as will I. This is the case for both an ‘in clinic session’ as well as a home visit.
- I will wash and disinfect my hands prior to the start of treatment and put on an apron and gloves, which I won’t remove until I have completed the treatment session or left your home.
If any of this still seems a little confusing please don’t hesitate to contact me and we can chat it through. Most importantly, I don’t want you suffering in pain at home so lets get the problem sorted!
Contact me on:
Thinking of you all. With Love.